Our House Rules
Toronto Temperance Society is our little oasis in a sea of bad bars. Here are a set of guidelines we ask our patrons to follow so we can keep it our little secret haven:
- Membership cards are non-transferable; please don't be passing them around.
- Members are allowed as many as three guests per visit. Remember, though, a good party is never spoiled by your friend but, rather, that friend of a friend who tags along. Please choose wisely.
- No one under 25 is permitted unless accompanied by an adult.
- The Toronto Temperance Society is a place where we can all enjoy good drinks, good music and each other's company. Please excuse yourself from the premises when making or receiving phone calls.
- Please do not speak to a lady at the bar without first being spoken to. It isn't that kind of place.
- In keeping with our goal of promoting temperance, we will refuse service to patrons who may have accidentally had one too many.
- Drug use will not be tolerated. Rehabilitation will be recommended.
- Please respect the privacy of other members. Members are asked not to discuss events at the Toronto Temperance Society with members of the media.
- Do not ever attempt to order a cosmopolitan. You will be asked, politely, to leave.